Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Holiday Season

This year the holiday season kept Brett and I very busy!  So busy, that I neglected the blog.  Here's what happened in the month of December...

We brought home our little kitty Sparky!  He is seriously the cutest kitty and we are having the best time.  I could go on and on about him since he is my child.  Sparky knows that I am mama cat and he follows me around and cat naps all the time on me.  Every morning he enjoys when I water the tree and we have a fight over my make-up brushes.  I gave him some cheap brushes, but he prefers to go for my MAC brushes!  I love my little kitty and I can't believe he is almost 4 months.

Brett was very busy trying to survive his accounting class for his MBA.  Luckily he passed the class with an A- which brought relief to both of us.

I had my dance holiday showcase on December 15 which went well.  There were three shows and the first show was pretty much "The Ms. Ashleigh Show!"  Seven of my eight classes were in the first show and the costume changes were crazy!  My life calmed down after when I only had one class in the second show.  Don't worry, I love teaching ballet and now Zumba!

On Friday the 16th, we held an Ugly Christmas Sweater Party/White Elephant Gift for some friends and family members.  I cooked a salsa chili, corn bread, and some scotcheroos and then had others bring appetizers and more desserts to help out.  We had some great sweaters and some awesome white elephant gifts.  The party was a hit and a great way to celebrate the holiday season.

On Monday December 19th, Brett and I met my sister Tara, Gordon, Jasmine, and Jaden at Disneyland and spent the whole day there.  We had a great time and even with the crowds increasing, we were able to get on a lot of rides.  The best part was we ate lunch at Cafe Orleans.  They have this delicious Monte Cristo with the bread lightly battered (almost like a corn dog) with swiss cheese, ham, and turkey.  It's to die for and then you add the garlic fries...yum!

Brett and I hosted Christmas Eve at our place for his family.  Let me tell you, I feel pretty accomplished for what I did.  I cooked the ham, made baklava (my now signature dessert), and a Raspberry Frosted Soda.  My in-laws brought the rest and we had quite the feast.  I'm proud to say that my baklava was the talk of the night.  That made me quite happy.

Christmas morning, we went to church with Brett's parents and then later opened gifts (got back in our pj's) with his entire family.  Brett and I received a lot of nice gifts and are very grateful for the Christmas season to celebrate the birth of the Savior and share memories with loved ones.





I love Christmas Trees!

Some of us at the Ugly Christmas Sweater Party

No comments:

Post a Comment