Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Magical Princess Camp

The last two weeks I have kept my mornings busy with Magical Princess Camp.  I was in charge and organized the whole thing (feels great by the way).  Every summer at Momentum Dance Center, we have summer camps and usually a fun ballet camp for ages 3-6.  It's kind of a way to introduce ballet to the little ones and they love it.
Since I was going to have two weeks of this camp, I took eight different Disney Princesses and built my camp off of them.  Each day I had a craft that went with the Princess.  It was a lot of preparation to get these crafts prepared, but I had a lot of fun doing them.  From there, I had to create a schedule of what we were doing during the camp.  I also created two different dances that they would perform to their parents on Thursday of each week.
Both weeks were a hit and the kids had a lot of fun which reflected great on me and my T/A's. The demonstrations went really well and the girls always love they get to wear their tutus and other crafts. I am really proud with what I accomplished and look forward to repeating the camp next year.

Here's the Princesses and Crafts that I did:

Ariel/Seashell Bracelet
Belle/Tutus
Sleeping Beauty/Banner
Pocahontas/sunflower
Mulan/lacy fan
Cinderella/tutu
Jasmine/Cave of Wonders Picture Frame
Snow White/crown

Some of my little Princess Girlies!  We made those Tutu's!

Sparky had to join me during craft time

Some crafts

Ariel's Bracelet

I made a Cave of Wonders Box which I kept the Princess of the Day and the crafts in there as a surprise.  The girls loved it!

Lacy Fan (made with wrapping paper)


No comments:

Post a Comment