Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The Wizard Of Oz

I know, I'm a month behind on my events for the blog.  Lots of stuff going on that I haven't had a spare moment to blog. So let's talk about the Recital/Wizard of Oz.
The Wizard of Oz officially came to a close on July 1st and I survived!  It was one crazy final week with lots of rehearsals and four incredible shows.  I had double duty of watching over my kids while they danced and also performing and yes, I think my mind was going crazy.
I am very proud of my 90 kids that I taught this last year.  I have seen so many of them grow and it's fun to watch them excited to perform.  They were so adorable as Munckins, the Lullaby Guild, Crows, and Emerald Gems.  I'm one proud mama!
I especially feel so blessed to have had the opportunity to perform again because it was something I needed to do for myself.    The last time I performed was in 2009 when I was in Repertory Ballet Ensemble at school and when I graduated, I just needed a break.  Dancing 8 hours a day, 5 times a week for 4 years was a lot on my body and mind.  But last year, I decided I was ready to give it a go again.  I really enjoyed being the Lollipop soloist because it was the hardest solo in the ballet. Plus, I was using it as a tool to inspire the kids I teach on what they could achieve one day. I also danced in the corps of the Tornado and Forest.
It was great to have Brett, my parents, and Brett's grandparents come and support me.  I always appreciate the support of my family and friends.  I was really excited to finally show Brett my ballerina skills and yes, he was quite impressed.  My parents who have been watching me dance since I was 6 thought I looked really professional.  That makes me happy to hear because in the 19 years that I have danced, I have put a lot of sweat and tears into what I love.  That's a life of a ballerina!
Glad to have life back to normal until next time!


One of my kidance classes.  They were Sleeping Beauty Ballerinas


Lollipop (Picture Day)



I got this Momentum sweatshirt from my boss and I love it!

Some live action shots!


No comments:

Post a Comment