Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Dress Rehearsals

This week is crazy at Momentum (the dance studio I work at).  This weekend we have our annual recital.  The first part of the show is the variety show which includes all the tap, jazz, hip hop, lyrical, musical theatre, etc.  Then the second part is the ballet in which we are doing Alice in Wonderland.  I have had a big part with helping put this together.  I have been busy that last six months with choreographing four of the dances.  I was in charge of Bunnies, Caterpillars, Butterflies, and Rosebuds.  It has been really fun, but quite a challenging process at the same time. (Who knew teaching 20 butterflies challenging choreography for their age would make you feel like a dead butterfly!!!) :)

Anyway, today was the dress rehearsal for Alice in Wonderland for both casts.  It went really well, but I am sure quite exhausted.  I was watching, giving notes, setting up my dancers, and running props all at the same time.  (I was seriously getting a pretty good workout after eight hours).  After dancing for so many years, you learn the art of running a backstage and what it's like to deal with parents of the dancers.  Maybe someone who reads this understands what I mean. 
The point of this blog though, is that these recitals just confirm even more of why I love dance especially ballet.  I love what I do, I love the art, and have no regrets at all. I better get to bed, I have another long day!

No comments:

Post a Comment