Thursday, July 28, 2011

A Very Nice Compliment

This week has been the last week of classes at the dance studio before we go on break for a month and then come back with new classes and students.  It's bittersweet because some kids will stay in the level while others will be moving up (that means I won't have them anymore).  Sad!  I have enjoyed the last year teaching my seven classes with these wonderful kids because they were good students and kept me young with discussions of Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez.  Plus, we had so much fun and worked hard on the Alice in Wonderland Ballet.

Tuesday after I finished teaching my three classes that day, Katelyn Midgely's mom came up to me and thanked me for being such a great ballet teacher.  She went on to say that I have inspired Katelyn to dance especially in ballet and to work towards earning pointe shoes one day.  Katelyn loved coming to my classes because I pushed her.  I was very touched by this because sometimes as a teacher, you don't always here feedback.  It was great to know that I am inspiring some of my students and making an impact in their lives.  I want to make that impact because there were three ballet teachers I had in my life that really inspired me (Sheila Bailey, Bene' Arnold, and Mark Borchelt). They pushed me because they believed in me and knew what I was capable of.  When someone pushes you because they believe in you, you begin to feel that the end result is such a rewarding moment.  That is what I want for my students.

At the end of August, I am looking forward to the new year of my ballet classes.  I'm excited to see what is in store for my cute dancers.  Plus, we will be doing the Wizard of Oz ballet.  (I'm hoping I can choreograph the flying monkeys!!!)  But at the end of the day, this compliment seriously made my day!

Coming next July!

No comments:

Post a Comment