Monday, October 10, 2011

6 Months!

This past Saturday, Brett and I celebrated six months of being married.  We (well I) figured it was an important milestone as newlyweds to celebrate. :)  Brett and I began our day by driving to Covina and going to the Covina Trading Post where we purchased a beautiful chocolate-colored table and chairs.  We are so excited because we really needed a new table.  My Grandma and Grandpa Wilson had given us their 40 year old oak table and chairs (a beautiful set), but the bottom had a pedestal and the table kept tipping over.  Brett and I decided that we would treat ourselves to a new table.  Plus with a party we are hosting this weekend, we thought this was a perfect time.  (The table came tonight...exciting!)
After, we stopped at IKEA in West Covina to use a gift card from our wedding.  We weren't sure if we would find anything, but we did.  We found a black-brown entertainment center set that has bookcases and a bridge.  We were so excited and have been putting it together the last couple of days.
That night, Brett and I went to Long Beach to go to a Dinner and Flamenco show at Cafe Sevilla.  This was great, because I didn't have a chance to see any Flamenco in Barcelona (This is why Brett is so great).  We saw Flamenco and ate paella.  I love paella...probably my favorite Spanish dish.  The paella was heaven with chicken, seafood, meat, veggies, and rice and the flamenco was AMAZING too!  I love all types of dance (ballet being #1 of course), but Flamenco is one of those dances that is not shy and so fun to watch.  There were two women and a man.  The man's footwork was so cool.  He was going so fast and the guitarist was keeping up with him as if they were having a little competition..
At the end of the day and after all the exciting stuff we bought and saw, the most important person/event is Brett.  I love him and am so grateful to have him as my husband.  I feel that we have learned and grown so much together as husband and wife in the last six months.  Think of how much we will keep learning in an eternity.  Boy, how did I get so lucky?! :)
Flamenco

Our beautiful new table and chairs!

No comments:

Post a Comment