Monday, October 24, 2011

Dislocated Rib

For the last two and a half weeks I have had a really irritating cough.  When I went to the doctor, they told me it was an "acute respiratory infection" and would last another 2-4 weeks.  Dang!  Anyway, it stinks because whenever I exercise, teach dance, eat, sleep, and wake up (pretty much everything), I tend to have one of those coughing attacks where you feel like your whole lung is going to come out.
Well...this morning I woke up with one of my extreme coughing attacks when all of a sudden I felt my rib "pop" in my back.  Immediately, I felt the pain shoot to a 10 and I yelled.  It hurt to stand, walk, sit, eat, etc.  Yes folks, I dislocated my rib due to the trauma of coughing.  I went to the chiropractor in an emergency state and luckily they took me in.  Dr. Bryant, agreed with me that my rib was out of place and popped it back into place (but it was really painful).  I was told I couldn't pick up anything or twist my body which resulted in me finding a sub to teach for me tonight.
I'm still in a lot of pain, because I'm still coughing and the rib continues to stretch out the muscle which is causing the inflammation.  I can't wait to go back on Wednesday for another adjustment.  I pray that no one ever has to experience a dislocated rib!

No comments:

Post a Comment