Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Zumba

Two weeks ago, Brett and I went to Santa Barbara so I could receive my license to teach Zumba.  It was great because I had a one day training that began at 9 a.m.  My instructor was Aileen Padilla (Zumba Educationalist) and she began the training with an hour master class.  It was such a great class and I worked my buns off.  After the class, the remainder of the training consisted of how to structure a Zumba class and working on the first four basic rhythms of the merengue, salsa, cumbia, and reggaeton.  I had a fun time and learned a lot.  They gave us a manual, dvd's, cd's, etc, to make sure that we felt supported and had the tools after we left the training.  I also joined ZIN (Zumba Instructor Network) which gives me more tools to continue my education, help market myself, and to keep my license active continually instead of just after a year.  I already have a Zumba class lined up to start at the dance studio I teach at.  It will be Monday nights at 6:30 and will start October 24.  I am also working on possibly having another class either Thursday or Friday mornings.  I'll keep everyone posted! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment