Sunday, April 22, 2012

London Day 3 April 9, 2012

As you will see, when Brett and I go on vacations, it's not really one of those relaxing vacations.  We get up early and go to bed late so we can see and do as much as possible.  We spend weeks planning out our days and mapping out where everything is.  We also leave room for some flexibility because you never know when you will need it.  Here is another one of our jam packed, but fun days.
We went back that morning to Covent Garden and I found my "spanish candies" also known as Strawberry Whips.  They are so delicious!  P.S. I'm pretty sure Lucius Malfoy's twin was there!

The British Museum (such a cool ceiling)

I love the Egyptian Stuff


Some hieroglyphics 

Part of the Sphinx


It's Sparky (yes, I missed my kitty!)



The Rosetta Stone

The head of Ramses II


The missing parts from the Parthenon which was nice since we saw the Parthenon last summer

Statue from the Easter Islands

The goddess Tara



The Ming Dynasty

Brett and I are glad we caught this culprit...GUILTY!

Second shot was better

Mummies are awesome

Cleopatra





This museum was huge
Inside the courtyard of the Tower of London

This is where the Crowned Jewels are which are amazing


The Tower Bridge




Brett's favorite! (I hope you get it)

All the King's and their swords


The Guard





The White Tower

Bloody Mary's Torture Chamber

Yikes

and ouch

and even more yikes and ouch




HMS Belfast

The Shark

Yes, cobblestone




Her Majesty's Theatre to see Phantom

Yes, my 4th time

If you are wondering why Brett has this mad look it's because we had more Asians in the way of our picture.  We yelled and pushed them out of the way!

Night time view from Trafalgar Square

No comments:

Post a Comment