Tuesday, May 1, 2012

London Day 8 April 14, 2012

This day was technically our last day to do stuff in London.  So, we saved the markets for last and The Hart's were able to join us.  We first went to Portobello Road where Notting Hill is and the famous Portobello Market.  Brett found his chocolate and churros and I also bought a couple of tea sets.  They are pretty cute, but I needed two more sets which I didn't find.  We then made our way to Borough Market.  Borough Market is the big food market and we seriously ate our way through this place.  We had Argentine Empanadas, fresh bread, pesto, paella, tropical smoothie, and lots of samples.  I love food and can't describe to you how good it was.
Notting Hill


I could live here

Portobello Road

All the people heading to Portobello Market


haha

Look at those amazing goodies and loaves of bread

Starting the paella

Chocolate and Churros (A favorite of Brett's from Spain)

This describes Brett

At Borough Market... all their nuts

We seriously ate our way through this place

Paella

After resting for a bit, we went to a West Ham game which is on the Eastern side of London (if you go to the Eastern side, my advice is to be careful).  The game was a lot of fun and West Ham won with a total of six goals.  Brighton never made any goals and you could tell their fans were very irritated.  Too bad a fight didn't start.  Anyway, the fans of West Ham were singing and cheering so it was quite an a experience.

West Ham Game



This half fur coat is great



After the game, Brett, myself, and the Hart's went to the O2 which is where some of the Olympic events will be held this summer.  They have a lot of restaurants and Brett and I were dying to try Pizza Express.  It was so good and the Dough Rolls were my favorite.  I would say it was a good way to end our last full day in London.

No comments:

Post a Comment