Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Belize Day 1 & Day 2 August 11 & 12, 2012

Traveling to Belize was not bad at all!  Brett and I slept the entire flights so it went by really fast.
We arrived at Belize Intl. and met up with my brother Dave who arrived an hour before us.  Unfortunately, his luggage was lost, but on a good note, he would get it the next day. We boarded a little plane in which I put on my brave face when they asked me to sit in the co-pilot seat.  I'll admit I was freaked out and could feel my heart racing like crazy.  I was more worried about Brett, but he seemed find.  While we were taking off, I was gripping under the seat, but once I realized we were safe in this little plane, I relaxed and enjoyed the beautiful view.  Belize is a pretty country!  Very green and humid with beautiful waters of the Caribbean!  We flew to the island of Ambergris Caye into the town of San Pedro.  From there we took a speed boat to our resort, Captain Morgan's.  The resort was really neat and unfortunately, I didn't take a picture.  The three of us settled in, explored the resort, ate some dinner at the Buena Vista Restaurant, and went to bed in the nice cabana.

Me = the co-pilot

The next morning, we kind of lounged around and waited for my sister and her family to arrive.  Around noon while we were getting lunch, we saw Tara, Gordon, Jasmine, and Jaden get off the speed boat with Dave's luggage.  Perfect timing!  We all caught up and then went swimming and kayaking in the ocean.  The resort in the evening had a welcome party and there, we signed up for our excursions to do during the week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment