Saturday, March 23, 2013

City of Hope 2013

The past couple of days, Brett and Avery Dennison had their yearly event with the City of Hope.  This meant we could go down to Monarch Beach in Dana Point and have a mini staycation at the 5 Star St. Regis for a couple of days.
Our view from our room this year

We had a really nice and relaxing time.  Brett was mainly busy with the event, but I enjoyed myself with laying out at the pool and taking yoga classes.  I was able to go to the closing dinner that is after the golfing event and enjoy a nice dinner.  Brett golfed this year and his team did fairly well. At the end of the dinner, they had the big raffle. We were hoping that we would win some airline tickets again like we did last year, but we didn't.  I guess our luck ran out this year!  We did hear great news that Avery Dennison helped the City of Hope raise $235,000.  That is a tremendous amount of money and I hope it helps with the cancer research. 

No comments:

Post a Comment