Wednesday, June 26, 2013

The Day We Found Out!

I'll be honest, it's not easy getting pregnant.  Obviously, it varies from couple to couple, but it is not easy, my friends!  Back in April of 2012, Brett and I made the decision on our trip in  London that it may be time to expand our family.  Well, we didn't know it would take almost 12 months to reach our goal.  I won't tell you how many times I cried with pure frustration when my period would start or the pregnancy test would be negative.  I'll be honest, it was frustrating!

Well, on May 1st, two days before my birthday, I was sitting on the couch working from home when I decided to look up pregnancy, infertility, and everything else, when I stumbled across the pregnancy symptoms.  I knew my period was late, but with how my period was always all over the place pre and post birth control (due to dance), I wasn't the least surprised.  Then I came across the symptom of sore breasts (sorry for the TMI), which I had never realized could be a symptom.  I actually had been sore for 10 days which I thought was really weird.  So the thought of taking a pregnancy test entered my mind.  I did not want to take the test because I did not want to be disappointed yet again.  But, I told myself, "What do you have to lose, Ashleigh?! Just take the test!"

So I went and took the pregnancy test and was completely nervous about it this time.  Then, I saw the double pink line.  I can't describe to you how I felt at the moment with every emotion that went through me.  I was hoping for the best and it was finally coming true.  I began to cry with joy and I immediately thanked my Heavenly Father, because it finally had happened.  I was finally going to have a baby!

I text Brett this picture and wrote, "If this is true, then this is the best birthday present ever!"
Brett immediately called me and he was super excited!  I think at that moment, both of us were like "what have we done?"  Haha!  There was a lot of excitement, but it was also very scary at the same time.  Both Brett and I had so much gratitude in our hearts that day because we were seriously tested on our patience for a whole year on this.  It may not have been the right time when we wanted it, but it's here now and we are happy.  To me, finding this out became even more special to the both of us.

3 comments:

  1. I love this! Sometimes I look at people on Facebook who seem to get pregnant if their husband looks at them funny and wanna smack them:) You should read the book "Taking Charge of Your Fertility." I'm reading it right now and it's full of information I never knew! Things I think are wrong with me are common in most girls. It has a lot of good information in it! Congrats to you and Brett!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me again:) you should also watch the video on YouTube called the Great Sperm Race. It's amazing anyone gets pregnant with everything that has to line up and happen. They say 80-90% of women get pregnant within a year of trying, people just get frustrated before a year so that's why so many people think they're broken and need help, but in reality it just takes longer for some people:) can you tell I've researched a lot of this:) ok toodles again:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, thanks! I'm like you and have a strong opinion about people getting pregnant. :) I'll have to check out that book!

    ReplyDelete