Thursday, May 30, 2013

Chip's 1st Birthday

My youngest Siamese, Chip, turned one on Wednesday.  That means I have no more baby kitties in my home!  So sad!  I do love both Chip and Sparky and think they are the greatest cats ever.  Since this post is dedicated to Chip's 1st Birthday, let me tell you about him.

 8 weeks old and such a diva

Chip is my cat that loves to cuddle.  He's always laying on me and when I wake up in the morning, I find him under the sheets curled up next to me.  I love when I find a paw draped over me as if he is holding onto me.  It's really cute and I laugh every time.  Brett likes to say that Chip is obsessed with me which is true since I am the mama cat.

Me laying on the floor and look who makes himself comfortable

Ignore me, but look how Chip is obsessed with me

Chip is my lazy cat.  While Sparky is my athletic jumping cat, I then have Chip who is extremely laid back and when playing most of the time, he just uses his paws.  He also loves to eat especially when he is stressed out.  Not good, but I monitor him to the best of my abilities.

Chip is very vocal.  When Chip was 8 weeks old and I kitty-sat him for two weeks and his two other brothers from that litter, Chip had a very distinct little cry.  It was really cute what came from that little body and I fell in love with him.  As of now, Chip likes to be "the cat who cried wolf."  He will do these frantic screams when he can't find me, Sparky is wrestling with him, or if a door is closed.  At first I use to think that he was hurt, but when I find him just sitting there, I laugh every time.  I'm on to his tricks!
Chip was one angry cat on Easter Sunday

Chip loves Sparky!  This is why I wanted Chip because I thought Sparky needed a brother so he wasn't bored.  It has paid off and they love each other tremendously.  I can always find them next to each other either sleeping or playing. I am not thrilled when I do find Chip trying to nurse off Sparky and I have to flick his nose.  It's weird, but I think it happened because Chip was taken from his mom so young and he confused Sparky with being able to nurse. Never a dull moment!

Baby Chip and Sparky

Found them quietly on the egg crate

Warm fresh laundry

Chip loves to purr and he does it all the time.  If I wake up in the middle of the night, he purrs and rubs my legs.  When we came home from our 10 day Panama Canal Cruise, Chip purred 12 hours straight. I was super impressed with that even though it interfered with my sleep.  I know that he is one extremely happy Siamese.

After being gone for Memorial Day, both Chip and Sparky purred like 
crazy and would not leave my side.

HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY, MY CHIP!




1 comment:

  1. Haha aren't animals the best! They become our furry little children:)

    ReplyDelete