Wednesday, May 1, 2013

April 14, 2013 Panama Canal Cruise; Day 10 The Final Sea Day

The final sea day had arrived which was a very bittersweet realization.  This cruise had gone by at a perfect pace.  It didn't seem short which was great, but I still disliked the fact that the last day was already here.  It was nice to be away with the hubby with no cell phones and lap top distractions.  It was nice to actually be able to read two books and not have to worry about what I needed to do.  This, my friends, is why I love cruising.  It's the simple things that use to be in our world.

Brett and I started our last day with early morning Zumba.  The first day we met a couple from New Jersey, Bella and Larry Goldman, who we ended up seeing every day all the time.  They were very nice and so on the last morning, Larry took this picture of us.


As the day continued and Brett and I made the most of our last Sea Day, we decided to treat ourselves to one of the specialty restaurants on the ship, the Bayou Cafe.  We had heard from several people that this place was excellent and that you had to try the Gator Ribs.  So, Brett and I decided it would be an experience.  This place was excellent!  I loved everything from the biscuits to the gator ribs to the spicy gumbo and finally to the King Prawns.  We both stuffed ourselves, but it was delicious!

The Gator Ribs

Spicy Gumbo
(I took the craw-fish off)

Brett with the best filet minion I have ever had in my life

Me with my King Prawns


Sweet Potato Pie

Brett and I loved this cruise and were grateful once again for the opportunity to travel.  I feel very blessed in my life that I have been able to see what I have seen so far in this world.  I am glad that I was able to have this quality time with Brett and share these experiences with him.  You never know where we will be going next, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment