Wednesday, May 1, 2013

April 11, 2013 Panama Canal Cruise; Day 7 Limon, Costa Rica

Brett and I were both looking forward to going to Costa Rica for the zip lining.  Many people had mentioned to me that Costa Rica was the best for this, so how could we not want to do this.  Costa Rica is beautiful and very similar to Belize with lots and lots of Rain forest! 



Pre-zip lining picture

Our group with Princess

Walking to the zip line

Getting our gear checked before entering

Zip lining through a rain forest was so cool and fun especially with this view.



I made Brett go first to make sure he went 
(he's scared of heights)


Me!



There were 9 different tracks, some short and some long.
We would stand on these platforms between each one.



Tucan




When we were heading to the zip line on the bus, I saw a 3-6 ft. long web hanging from the trees.  I had to look again to make sure my eyes weren't deceiving me because I saw three huge spiders hanging from this web.  I then noticed that there were multiple webs like this with even more spiders.  I have arachnophobia and I was slightly nervous about these huge spiders  Luckily, I didn't have to encounter any spiders while zip lining.  

Here is one of spiders at the end of the zip line.
Ew!

Post- zip line picture





This leaf is the same leaf that is in Chanel No. 5
Smelled really good!

Brett and I loved Costa Rica!  We had a lot of fun and enjoyed doing the adventure of zip lining.  We both agreed that we would definitely go back and spend a week there.  I have to admit that this was my favorite port and excursion of the entire trip.  

Puerto Limon












1 comment:

  1. Haha I love that you had him go first to make sure he went!:) Smart wife you are!

    ReplyDelete