Friday, July 12, 2013

Officially in the 2nd Trimester


When I saw this last week, I really felt a lot of emotions.  It's weird to think that 13 weeks is the 2nd Trimester, but it's also exciting to know that I am getting that much closer to the baby being here in 6 months.  When I had to keep my mouth shut that I was pregnant, the weeks seemed to drag, but now that the news is out there, time is flying.  

They say the 2nd Trimester is the best trimester due to women feeling relief from their morning sickness, having more energy, etc.  I had been so fortunate to not have had any morning sickness during the 1st Trimester which I know I may not understand, but I am seriously grateful for.  But, I will say that my only complaint was the exhaustion!  There were definitely some rough and off days with that, but I handled it well.  I do agree that I have had more energy in the last week with this 2nd Trimester which has been great.  I love feeling that I have the energy to exercise.  I'll admit, for me this pregnancy has been rather enjoyable.

Now that I am 14 weeks, everything is still going great.  I am still not showing which I am guessing I may not for a while, but I am not complaining.  When I look in the mirror, I can tell that my abs are changing, but no one else would be able to tell.  I had my first hormonal meltdown in Nordstrom when the representative my age (or younger) refused to let me see the nursing bras.  I left the store crying with frustration (you'd have to hear the whole story to understand). I laugh about it now, but when it comes to that subject, I am sensitive about it.  My cravings are still random with not just one item, but I am really liking Subway's Veggie sandwiches .  

I had an appointment on Monday with my OB/GYN and everything looks great.  I was bummed because I didn't get to see the baby, but I did get hear the little heartbeat for the first time and it was so neat.  I hope the next 4 weeks go by fast because on August 8th, we find out the gender!  

And on a side note, I've been registering for baby items which has been so fun! :)


1 comment:

  1. Can't believe you are already that far along! So excited to find out what this little baby is too!

    ReplyDelete