Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Last Day Teaching at Momentum

I had been dreading this day ever since I found out I was moving and when September 20th arrived, it was the gloomiest and slowest day of my life.  As I was driving to teach my last two classes at a place I refer to as my "second family and home," I began to get emotional.  I pulled myself together and when I arrived at the front door this is what I saw...
A poster dedicated to me!

I thought it was so sweet, but it killed me inside.  

I taught my first class with ease and felt fine.  Well when the second class started and three kids who I absolutely adore were doing their plies, I immediately choked up and cried.  I cried even more when a bunch of kids that I have had over the last 4 years came in and ran to give me a big huge hug and tell me they were going to miss me and that they loved me.  At that point, I was bawling!

One of the many drawings I received from my sweet kids. 
(Most pictures involved a baby which made me laugh)

Two Dozen roses and a Cake for me

I knew it wasn't going to be easy to leave, but I honestly feel so grateful to have worked at this wonderful place.  I left feeling so loved and supported by everyone.  That means a lot to me!  I know that I will be truly missed because I had made such an impact on a lot of these children. I had several parents tell me and also my boss, Cathy.  Momentum will always hold a special place in my heart. Thank you again for everything Momentum Dance Center of Performing Arts!

And luckily, I had these two to make me feel better when I came home. <3


No comments:

Post a Comment