Tuesday, February 24, 2015

LaBlast!

In October, I was hired to teach Zumba at our YMCA branch here in Pooler/Savannah.  I have made some fantastic friends through the Y! I hate to admit it, but Savannah is starting to become home.  Anyway, my boss Jenni told me about LaBlast and said I would love it since I was a dancer.  Boy was she right!

On January 12th, Louis Van Amstel (from Dancing with the Stars and the creator of LaBlast), came to Savannah to teach a master class and then the training. For those of you who do not know what LaBlast is, it is a dance fitness program that is based on what you see on Dancing with the Stars,  It is also partner free and can be done to any genre of music.  In training 1 & 2, we were certified in Merengue, Salsa, Cha Cha, Jive, Paso Doble, Disco, Samba, and the Hustle.  This format of dance fitness is fantastic and if you have a dance background it's a dream come true in the dance fitness world.  I love Louis's motto, "If you can clap it, then you can dance it."

Obviously,I absolutely loved it and I even loved it more than Zumba (oops, I feel bad saying that).  If you ever have a chance, take a class, or come to Savannah and take a class from me.

With Louis Van Amstel

My training buddies!

No comments:

Post a Comment