Tuesday, October 22, 2013

The Big Move and Closing Day!

On Oct. 3rd, the big move across the country happened.  Brett came back to California and then the next day, we turned around and flew to Savannah, Georgia with the two cats.  I won't go into details, but flying with my two cats was quite an experience.  I'll admit that I broke into tears once because I couldn't get them to be quiet with the sedative I was given for them, but they eventually did quiet down and passed out.  I was fully prepared for this to happen, but you just don't know until you experience it. I felt so bad because they cried and were so scared!  When we arrived, we went straight to the hotel which ended up being another crazy experience with the cats going crazy.  They eventually passed out again, but then would wake up crying.  Poor little guys, the whole experience was traumatic for them.

 
Chip before flight
 (he is not sure what is going to happen)

Chip after the flight
(quite exhausted)

The next morning, we quickly checked out, dropped the cats off at our new home, and then drove to downtown Savannah to close on the house.

The boys checking out their new place

Can you see the two sets of ears?
We came back and they were hiding up on the highest ledge.

I really love our new house. I think it's absolutely beautiful and wonderful.  It's so nice to upgrade and pay less compared to our condo we owned in Southern California.  I feel very blessed in my life!

We closed and 26 weeks pregnant



No comments:

Post a Comment