Wednesday, September 14, 2011

August 8- Day 3 Venice, Italy

After spending two days in Barcelona, the next day we flew to Venice so we could board the beautiful Ruby Princess. After boarding, we took a tender into Venice and spent the next few hours exploring the city.  I loved Venice because it had a certain charm with the canals, gondolas, and Murano Glass.  We saw San Marco's Square and made our through the city.  My favorite part about Venice was the gondola ride.  This was one of those items that was my bucket list and I was able to share it with Brett.  It was so romantic and neat to ride through the canals and share kisses.  Plus on a side note, Brett bought me a beautiful Murano Glass necklace. As Harrison Ford said in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, "Awe Venice!"
 Ruby Princess

 Beautiful Ship

 On the tender to Venice




San Marco's Square



Gondolas

I swear this guy was in the Russian Mafia

Love the charm









San Marco's Church



 San Marco's Square

 Gelato!!




On the romantic gondola ride





 Rialto Bridge





 Marco Polo lived in the house to the left when he was in Venice

Brett took this shot...amazing!






1 comment:

  1. This post has me so excited! (We booked our trip to Venice for Christmas!) Woo-hoo!

    ReplyDelete